The Dodgers have sent trucks to Camelback Ranch, which means it is time for Spring Training to begin! The trucks are provided by UPS, who sped up the packing process by a few hours, according to the Dodgers. Each truck is carrying 20 tons of gear including, computers, front office supplies, and a 1,500-pound Tommy Lasorda Bobblehead.
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) February 9, 2017
One thing you will need before Spring Training starts is a schedule, and you can print one for free here. The Dodgers announced which games they will be broadcasting on SportsNet LA this spring. (All times are Pacific Time)
- Saturday, February 25 vs. White Sox, 12:05 p.m.
- Sunday, February 26 at Brewers, 12:05 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 1 at Giants, 5:05 p.m.
- Saturday, March 4 at Cubs, 12:05 p.m.
- Sunday, March 5 vs. Mariners, 12:05 p.m.
- Friday, March 10 vs. Rangers, 6:05 p.m.
- Saturday, March 11 vs. Angels, 12:05 p.m.
- Sunday, March 12 vs. White Sox (split squad), 7:05 p.m.
- Thursday, March 16 vs. Cubs, 1:05 p.m.
- Friday, March 17 vs. Mariners (split squad), 7:05 p.m.
- Saturday, March 18, at White Sox, 1:05 p.m.
- Saturday, March 25 vs. Athletics, 1:05 p.m.
- Sunday, March 26 at Rangers, 1:05 p.m.
- Thursday, March 30, at Angels, 7:07 p.m.
- Friday, March 31 at Angels, 7:07 p.m.
- Saturday, April 1 vs. Angels, 6:10 p.m.
One thing you can expect during Spring Training is for many Dodgers to head to the World Baseball Classic. The World Baseball Classic comes around every four years, and players from all around the world compete for their countries. The Dodgers are sending Vidal Nuno, Sergio Romo, Adrian Gonzalez, and Julio Urias to Mexico. Ike Davis will play for Israel, Rob Segedin will compete for Italy, Kenley Jansen will head to the Netherlands to pitch, and Enrique Hernandez will play for Puerto Rico. You can make your prediction for the winner of the World Baseball Classic by commenting below.
There are still some more things that you can expect to see this Spring Training. The Dodgers will play every game like it is game seven of the World Series. Dave Roberts was given a long talk by Tommy Lasorda saying that he wanted a World Series Title. The last time the Dodgers even made it to the World Series was in 1988, when Ronald Reagan was the President of the United States. The Dodgers also made quite a few roster adjustments this year. They reached an agreement with Chase Utley, so you can expect to see him enter games late to replace Logan Forsythe. They also signed Romo this week, and earlier in the off-season, traded for Nuno and Forsythe, while singing Davis and re-signing Rich Hill, Jansen, and Justin Turner. You can also expect a lot of depth this year. The 25-man roster will be loaded with talent and the minor leagues will be loaded with re-enforcement.
I am very excited for Spring Training to start. It will be a very fun year. Go Dodgers!!