It is January, which means that it is time to start thinking about Spring Training. I know that it may seem like it is too early, but tickets sell fast. You can buy your tickets for Spring Training here. Enjoy watching the Dodgers compete against the White Sox, Brewers, Rockies, Giants, Indians, Royals, Diamondbacks, Cubs, Mariners, Rangers, Angels, Reds, Padres, and Athletics. Spring Training starts at Camelback Ranch on February 25.
Why You Should Go This Year
There are many reasons that you should go to Spring Training this year, so I have made a list of some of my favorite things about Spring Training. The list is not ordered because, that is just to hard to do.
- The Baseball Environment – Spring Training has a much more relaxed feeling to it (Especially if you are in the lawn seating). The ballparks are much smaller, and nobody is worried about winning a pennant race. It is great to be back around baseball after 4 months off, which seems like a lifetime for those of you who are like me. You also get to see a mix of veterans, rookies, and top prospects, all playing for the same team.
- The Autographs – One thing many people love about Spring Training, is when their favorite player signs their baseball or trading card. There are many people who want a player’s autograph so here are a few tips:
- Arrive Early – You may think that you can arrive at the time batting practice starts, but if you arrive then, there will be nowhere for you to stand. Get there at least an hour early (we arrived before the gates to Camelback Ranch opened), and be ready to wait. The players will most likely not sign autographs on their way to batting practice. Don’t let that discourage you, some players make special trips out just to sign for the fans.
- Have Your Pen Ready – When signing autographs, the players move quickly, and if you are not ready you will be missed. Have your pen or permanent marker ready. You will also need to be ready with your baseball, trading card, or piece of paper.
- Watch The Re-Signed Free Agents – Kenley Jansen and Justin Turner have now officially signed with the Dodgers. The club made it official on January 11, 2017 with a press conference at Dodger Stadium. Andrew Friedman, the President of Baseball Operations, said that re-signing these players was one of their top priorities. Both Jansen and Turner were excited about their contracts, along with Dave Roberts and Friedman. Don’t miss watching these players playing for the team that they belong on.
If you have another thing that you think makes Spring Training fun, be sure comment. Be sure to buy your tickets, and join the crowd at Camelback Ranch. Go BLUE!